Supermetrics has become a popular tool among marketing teams, who use it to leverage their data to get better insights for decision making. In this article we will detail everything you need to know about this tool and the first steps to start using it.
What is Supermetrics?
It is an online analytics and data management platform, which is primarily used to collect data from various digital marketing and advertising sources, such as Google Analytics, Facebook Ads, Google Ads, Instagram, LinkedIn, X (formerly Twitter), and many others. It then allows us to centralize this data in one place for analysis and visualization.
Supermetrics is based on the concept of ETL (Extract, Transform and Load), which consists of extracting data from different sources, transforming it according to the user’s needs and loading it into a final destination. This facilitates the process of integration and manipulation of marketing data.
Why use Supermetrics?
It is recommended to use this tool to deal with the complexity of managing and analyzing data dispersed across multiple marketing and advertising platforms. Companies and digital marketers often have to navigate between scattered data across different tools and platforms, making it difficult to get a complete and consistent view of their online performance. Supermetrics allows you to gather this data efficiently and simplify the analysis process.
Some of the advantages of using Supermetrics are:
- Time saving: automates data collection and updating, which avoids having to do it manually or through complex scripts.
- Reliability: guarantees the quality and accuracy of the data, avoiding human or technical errors.
- Flexibility: allows you to customize queries and reports according to user preferences, as well as to combine data from different sources.
- Scalability: adapts to data growth and user needs, offering a robust and efficient solution.
- Collaboration: facilitates teamwork and information sharing among marketing team members.
What is its functionality?
The core functionality of Supermetrics is the automated collection of data from various marketing sources on a single platform. It offers a wide range of connectors that allow data to be extracted from popular sources, transformed and loaded into analysis tools such as Google Sheets, Excel, Looker Studio (formerly Data Studio) and others. It also provides report scheduling capabilities to automate the updating of data and the generation of periodic reports.
In addition, Supermetrics has other complementary functionalities, such as:
- Advanced analysis: allows for deeper and more sophisticated analysis of the collected data, using features such as custom calculations, segmentation, filters, grouping and more.
- Interactive visualization: facilitates the creation of visual and interactive reports with the collected data, using tools such as graphs, pivot tables, maps and more.
- Integration with other tools: integrates with other popular tools such as Google Analytics 4 (GA4), Google BigQuery, Google Looker Studio, Power BI and Tableau, allowing for expanded analysis and visualization capabilities.
- Customer support: offers an efficient and professional customer service, which solves doubts and problems that may arise when using the tool.
How to start using it?
- Register with Supermetrics: when you create an account, you can test the tool free of charge for 14 days. Then, you must choose one of your payment plans.
- Connect data sources: configure connections to the data sources you want to collect, such as Google Analytics, Facebook Ads, etc.
- Select destination: choose the tool into which you want to load the data, such as Looker Studio (formerly Data Studio), Google Sheets or Excel.
- Configure queries and scheduling: define the queries to extract the specific data you need and schedule the data update frequency.
- Create reports and analysis: use Supermetrics capabilities to generate reports, tables and data visualizations in your target tool.
Some common use cases for Supermetrics include:
- Marketing performance reporting: Marketers use Supermetrics to consolidate data from different advertising platforms and measure the performance of their campaigns. For example, you can create a report showing traffic, impressions, clicks, CTR, CPC, CPA and ROAS for each advertising channel and compare them with each other.
- ROI analysis: Supermetrics helps calculate return on investment (ROI) by combining advertising cost data with revenue and conversion data. For example, you can create a report that shows the total cost, total revenue, net profit and ROI for each campaign or product advertised, as well as identify the most profitable ones.
- KPI tracking: It is also used to track and analyze key marketing metrics such as website traffic, lead generation and conversions. For example, you can create a report that shows the number of visits, unique visitors, page views, time on site, bounce rate, conversion rate and value per website visit, as well as segment them by source, medium or channel.
- Automated reporting: Allows scheduling of automatic reports that are periodically updated, saving time in data collection and reporting. For example, a report can be created and e-mailed weekly or monthly with key marketing performance indicators.
- Trend analysis: Data analysts use Supermetrics to spot trends over time and perform comparative analysis. For example, you can create a report that shows the monthly or yearly evolution of website traffic, conversions or ROI, and compare them with the established objectives or with competitors.
In summary, Supermetrics is an essential tool for simplifying the collection and analysis of digital marketing data, helping companies make informed decisions and improve their online performance. If you want to know more about Supermetrics and how to use it to optimize your marketing data, we invite you to visit their official website, where you will find more information and useful resources.